100% Satisfaction GuaranteedWe care about our reputation
Free DeliveryOn all UK mainland orders over £50 +VAT
Text AlertsLetting you know that your product is out for delivery
"Please note the GrippaReels are proving to be extremely popular currently and we are thus building each reel to order. If you need your reel urgently, please call to confirm lead time"
The newest addition to the GrippaTank product range, the GrippaREEL is 9 years in the making.
Based purely on an extensive customer wish list, along with the wealth of experience we have gained on the thousands of installations carried out thus far, it has been specifically designed to be used in conjunction with our GrippaMAX cleaning system. The various options of hose reels have been tested by our product testers over the past year, with active ongoing development based on feedback having been received.
This product is intended to make the cleaning operatives life easier and less tiring, as well as making it safer.
Packed with features, our range includes:
• Available in powder coated steel (select blue or black) or stainless steel.
• Fixed floor mounted reel which can be easily removed without tools within seconds (*if quick release base is purchased)!
• Stackable as standard - no additional racking required. Using the revolutionary StakaReel technology as standard, the reels simply slot on top of each other, giving you much needed space on demand. Stack 2 manual, 2 electric, or one of each
• Built from a combination of high-quality steel components, it’s not only strong and durable but lightweight and easy to handle
• Available as either hand cranked, or chainless gear box driven electric versions, the GH-VS1 range can be used for low pressure (up to 300psi) with ½” 50 metre hose and 100 metres of 8mm or 6mm hose.
• The chainless electric motor has been specifically concealed as part of the core product design, making it safer, more effective and efficient - no additional floor space is taken up due to the clever compact gearbox design.
• Electric reels come with the option of a remote control or wired control system (Remote control is limited to 50mtrs 'line of sight operation - this is a safety feature)
• Electric reels include intelligent power assisted pull out, which matches the speed of the operator pulling out the unit.
• The chainless motor is multi-directional - not just rewind.
• Variable Speed Control both on the wired and remote versions for the electric reels.
• Electric reels fitted as standard with Safety shutoff in keeping with the working machinery act.
• Easily Serviceable - all parts can be easily replaced on site
Electic Reels supplied with an Emergency Handle Assembly (in case of power failure)
Electric reels supplied with 5 metres of positive and negative cable along with conduit and fuse holder, and are designed to be VERY low on power consumpation with a maximum draw of 3 - 4 amps ! - just connect the pos and neg feeds to your existing battery.
• Upgradeable - as with all GrippaTank products, our hose reels can be updated (to include Stainless Steel roller guides) or converted to electric at a later date (when returned to GrippaTank)
Weights; Powder Coated Mildsteel: 17kg (hand cranked) or 26kg (electric) ; Stainless Steel: 15.6kg (hand cranked) or 24.6kg (electric)
- Dimensions: Depth = 400mm, Height = 445mm (+15mm QR base), Width 350mm (bare reel) or 450mm (for electric unit with plumbing) or 600mm (with handle and plumbing)
NB:- Note the external dimensions shown are the absolute external dimensions including the handle and plumbing connections. Even with these external dimensions, the reels will .easily sit side by side with over 250mm gap between the end of each of the handles in a new shape Vauxhall Vivaro by way of an example.
NB: "If stacking hose reels on top of each other, we do not recommend using the quick release base for the bottom reel, but rather to bolt the bottom reel onto the vehicle. The top stacking reel can still be quick released, if a quick release base is fitted to the top of the bottom reel."
|FEATURES||GrippaReel VS1||Waterworks Reel||Purefreedom Reel||Cox Electric Reel|
|Hand Cranked Reel Features|
|2 Year Warranty||✔||✘||✘||✔|
|Nationwide Driveway Installation Available||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|UK Spares stock and fully Serviceable||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Designed and Manufactured in the UK||✔||✘||✔||✘|
|Stackable as Standard||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Drum Locking Pin Assembly||✔||✘||✘||✔|
|Drum Friction Resistance Brake||✔||✘||✘||✔|
|Quick Release & Easily Removable**||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Reel Mounted Roller Guide**||✔||✘||✔||✔|
|Extending Reel Mounted Roller Guide**||✔||✘||✔||✘|
|Pickup Truck Mount Mini Version***||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|High Pressure Version***||✔||✘||✘||✔|
|Product Finishing Options|
|Blue Powder Coated Mild Steel||✔||✘||✔||✔|
|Black Powder Coated Mild Steel||✔||✔||✘||✘|
|Brushed Stainless Steel**||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Custom Colour Request**||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Electric Auto Reel Features|
|Chainless Discreet Electric Motor||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Low Power Consumption||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Emergency Handle Supplie||✔||✔||✘||✔|
|Slow & Fast Speed Control||✔||✘||✔||✘|
|Auto Clutch Control||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Auto Assist Pullout||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Safety Cutoff and Monitor||✔||✘||✔||✘|
|Low Battery Alert||✔||✘||✔||✘|
|Bi-Directional Motor (Reward & Forward Wind)||✔||✘||✘||✘|
Your company make some excellent gear
RatingThe manual reel is the best I’ve used ( which includes a professional Redashe reel at one point).
Very smooth reel in and good gearing on the revolution.
I honestly think it's a quality reel. Best I've used.
Delighted with my Electric GrippaReel
RatingSo given how little reviews and information for electric reels there is out there I thought I would share my experience and hopefully help and potential buyers make their minds up.
I decided last year that it was time to get an electric reel, manual winding was becoming a pain in the **** so I had a look around and came up with 4 contenders, the Power up HD, the Pure Freedom reel, the GrippaTank reel and the Cox reel. After much searching I found quite a lot of information on the power up reel, and that's about it. The power up reel is cheap and easy to fit so its undoubtedly popular so it was quickly put to the top of my list, but without any comparison I don't want to go in blindly without looking at others so I waited until the cleaning show in Stoneleigh and went to have a look at all 4, well i say all 4, no showing on the cox reel at all but the other 3 were all on display and being demo-ed.
I saw Oliver at GrippaTank first as he was hard to miss with the biggest stand right at the entrance, he ran me through the system, showed me the options, I already have a Grippa Tank system in my van and Oliver explained how it could be mounted on the tank with one of their frames that screw into mounting points on the tank, the reel had options for powder coated, and stainless steel and a remote so you can reel in as you walk back to the van, soft start, safety cut out, all very impressive. The whole system is completely upgradable too so if you go for manual reel you can upgrade to electric later, there's extendable hose guides, they were also offering a decent discount too.
I talked to the guy demo-ing the power up reel, he used the reel himself was very complimentary about the reel and had a huge pile of them ready to be taken away on the day with a 20% discount. The lack of stainless steel put me off as did the chain drive compared to the chain less drive on the GrippaTank reel.
The guys at Pure freedom showed me their reel, its very impressive, sturdy, and uses a variable speed controller to reel in the hose, safety cut outs and can be had in stainless steel, it did strike me as a fancier version of the power up though, its chain driven again, but has soft start, extendable roller guides and safety cut out if it gets snagged. The guys there were very knowledgeable but were clearly engineers and not salesmen, given that everyone was offering decent discount I asked about what they were offering and was offered a £15 (!) discount, given that most others were in the 20% area its was unfortunately taken off my list, it worked out more than the GrippaTank reel so it was a no brainer.
I went for a coffee and changed my mind 3 or 4 times but in the end it was GrippaTank that I went with, so I ordered;
Electric reel in stainless steel with roller guides
Frame to fit my tank
Rear floor mounted roller guide
I had it all delivered and I went with a Pure freedom swivel mount to mount the reel to my frame which i was at the show, this allows me, with the configuration of the tank in my van, have to the reel mounted right by the N/S rear door so I can have the hose either out that door or out the rear doors. In practise having the hose out the side door is sooooo much better than the rear mount I used to have, I can park right outside and have the hose straight out in front of me.
Once it was all fitted it looks like this
Rear door configuration looks like this
To say I'm pleased with the end result is an understatement, its fantastic, makes life so much easier and build quality is great, the stainless steel reel is built like a tank.
The remote is good too, I can reel as I walk (as long as its in line of sight of the receiver) on bigger jobs, for smaller jobs its not worth using really but the bigger jobs is where its most useful.
GrippaTank were great with their support in getting it all ordered to my spec and fitted so a big thank you to Oliver at GrippaTank for all his help.
So in summary I can't recommend this reel highly enough, it comes at a price premium but theres a lot of technology and engineering behind it and I'm happy to pay more for a product that will likely last a lifetime.
I hope this is helpful for any potential reel buyers as I have tried to outlay all the pros and cons of the reels on the market, the reviews is also only my opinions, others will of course differ but my experience has been positive.
If anyone wants any other information or photos I will do my best to help.
Love the new Hose Reel
RatingI absolutely love the new hose reel, it’s amazing!
On another note could you quote me to have the hose reel converted to an electric version please?
Working a Treat!
RatingI just thought I'd send you a quick email (I know your mad busy!!).
The system is a pleasure to work with and seems to be working a treat. It was my first day out with it yesterday. Thanks for moving the work along.
Could you please tell Simon (?) the engineer, thanks for his thorough explanation and patience at the end of a long day, explaining the system to me.
- Next working day delivery from date of dispatch to UK Mainland*, and 2 - 3 day service for Europe.
UK Mainland - Tracked Service (9 - 6pm) - 8.15 + vat or over £50 + vat FREE to UK Mainland.
Europeon destinations pay £17.75 + vat for a 2 -3 day service (express services are available upon request).
EU Mainland - 2 - 3 Working Day Service 29.95 EU Mainland - Economy Small Parcel 3 - 4 Day Service 22.95 UK Mainland - Next Working Day (Pre 9:00am) 44.99 UK Mainland - Next Working Day (Pre 10:00am) 22.99 UK Mainland - Next Working Day (Pre 12:00am) 14.99 UK Mainland - Saturday 27.99 UK Mainland - Saturday Pre 09:00am 64.99 UK Mainland - Saturday Pre 10:00am 42.99 UK Mainland - Saturday Pre 12:00am 34.99
- *PLEASE NOTE SOME POSTCODES WILL BE HAVE AN ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE - INCLUDING REMOTE AREAS AND SOME SCOTTISH LOCATIONS.
- 1 -2 working day delivery for pallets within UK Mainland. Overseas delivery lead time depend on the destination.
UK Mainland - 1-2 Working Day Service 65.00 + vat if order is under £50 + vat Overseas pricing upon request POA
- If you delivery requirements are very urgent, we can offer a same day delivery service across the UK and some parts of Europe. Call us for your bespoke quotation on 01223 790049.
0800 098 8407
The Barns, Parkers Farm, East Hatley, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 3HX United Kingdom
© 2021 GrippaTank Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Company No 07950256